Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ashley's Baby Shower

On Saturday, August 22, 2009, we had Ashley's Baby Shower at my mom's house. We didn't really think that she would make it to the Shower, but luckily she did! We had a pretty good turn out. She received so many cute things. This baby will be very well dressed! She has a pretty good start on diapers and wipes. All of her sisters went in on getting her a Travel Playpen that she really wanted. Our family does so many different activities through the year, that it's a necessity! We had the Shower as an Open House so people could just stop by, visit, have a few snacks and leave as they needed to. Well, there were actually a lot of people that stayed and visited for quite a while. It was very nice to visit with people that we haven't been able to for some time. Ashley at first didn't think anybody from Orderville (her husband's family/friends) would make it. About an hour into the Shower her mother-in-law and Grandmother came! She was so glad that they could make it, even if it was just for a few moments. It was a fun Shower! I thank my sisters, mom, and my Aunts for helping me with it!
I had one of my friends from Highschool make this cake for the Shower. She hasn't had any formal training, she's just taken a few classes at Roberts Crafts and read a ton of books! It turned out great!
Ashley is still feeling really great! Her Doctor didn't think she would make it to her Shower, and she did. He just said on Monday that he didn't think she would make to next Monday the 31st! I know she's getting excited. She's doing eveything she can to get things moving. I guess Rusti will come when she's ready. We are so excited to see this cute little baby and welcome her into our Family! I'll update as soon as I have any news!

2 comments: