Monday, September 21, 2009

The Shark Reef!

On Saturday, Cody's office sponsored a golf tournament down in Las Vegas. Jordyn and I decided to go down with him, but to go over to Grandma Ann's and wait for him. We had to be down to Vegas at 6:30 which meant leaving Logandale at 5:15 a.m. I don't do well with early mornings on a Saturday. While Cody was "working", Jordyn, Grandma and myself went out to breakfast. Later that morning, after a much needed nap, we went over to the Halloween Store and got Jordyn her costume! At first she wanted to be "Belle", but just as we were about to check out, she decided she wanted to be "Tinkerbelle"! We got her the costume and of course she wanted to wear it right then. I don't know if she'll be able to wait until Halloween. I've had to hide it so she doesn't play dress up with it already!

At about 2:30, Cody was finished. Nobody had eaten since breakfast, so we were all so so hungry. What would a trip to Vegas be without eating at Yard House? So, off to Yard House it was! It's got the best food, and the atmosphere is so relaxing. They play older rock music while you eat. I've never been disappointed there! While we were eating, Jordyn kept saying she wanted to do something "fun"! Well, what can you do that's fun for a 3 year old in Vegas? We finally decided to take her to the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef. We didn't tell her where we were going. She just figured it out once we were inside.
These Jelly fish were one of her favorite things. I'm not sure if it's because of Finding Nemo, or if it's because the water they were in was pink so you could see them. I just don't know.
From the moment I saw this fish, all I could think about was Deuce Bigalow..."hey fishy fishy" Anyway it was neat!



And of course the Star Fish, was pretty cool also. I couldn't get any good pictures of the Sharks. They were swimming too fast and it was too dark.
Jordyn talked about the Shark place all the way home, and into yesterday. I think the Zoo has been replaced by the Shark Reef!

2 comments:

  1. here I got a very cute shark bag, which i believe would be a great find for all SHARK fanatic! shark-bag-hong-kong.freetzi.com/index_e.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not a 3 yr old and still want to go there!

    ReplyDelete