Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Level 1 Complete


Jordyn passed Level 1 Swimming Lessons August 13th! She did so well! It was so much fun being able to go everyday and watch her progress from the viewing deck. The lessons were about 45 minutes long each day but for those 45 minutes she didn't stop moving. When the instructor was working with another kid, Jordyn would go off to the side and continue practicing what she had learned. The last couple days of lessons, they went into the big pool just to get a feel of what it's like. Her instructor was able to get her to do her back float in the big pool! She's a little bit nervous to go to Level 2 now that she knows what the big pool will be like. The Level 2 class that's starting in a couple weeks is currently full, but if they get enough interest they will open another session. We are keeping fingers crossed they do. She was just such a happy girl being able to go somewhere each day that challenged her! We're super proud of you Kiddo!!

The next couple weeks are going to be a bit busy! Jordyn's cousins (well 2nd cousins actually) Bret & Austin are in town visiting Aunt Bonnie. So on Thursday we are all heading to Grand Junction to Dinosaur Land & then to Chucky Cheese! Jordyn has so much fun playing at the park with Bret, so I know they will have fun there! Then next Thursday Jordyn's school has it's open house where she'll finally meet her teachers and see the classroom all put together. Her school will finally start September 7th. We are all just way too excited. So between now and then it's Back to School Shopping and getting everything ready for that big day!!

I want to think that her going to Preschool here will be just like the other 2 Preschools she's already been to in Nevada last year. I know it's going to be way different. It's everyday but Friday, & it's at an actual school instead of someone's house. In a way I think it's going to be more like Kindergarten than Preschool. I just can't believe she's getting big enough to go to school. Makes me a little sad that she's growing up so fast!

In other growing news, we are at 26 weeks pregnant today! We are finally in double digit numbers as far as counting down the days. I am still nowhere near ready. I'm lucky that I have a sister who also had a girl, so I have inherited Jordyn's and Rusti's clothes back. I don't think I'll have to buy a whole lot of clothes for this little girl for quite a while! We have the crib up & made, and that is about it. I know I have 13-14 weeks left, but I'm starting to feel overwhelmed at all the stuff we still need to get. I guess just one day at a time!! In the past 3 weeks we have definitly grown. I would say I'm looking pregnant now! We'll go back to the Dr on August 30th for our glucose test & another check. Then it's every 2 weeks after that. Always fun!!

Right after lunch!


I think we've decided on a name, but I'll leave that for the next post!!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Jordyn is getting so big!! That's great she is learning to swim. It's nice to have something to look forward to each day too.

    Aww, your baby bump is so cute! I was just looking at pics of me from a while ago and I thought I was really big at like 20 weeks but now when I look back you can hardly tell compared to now!

    Can't wait for all these babies!! Fun fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel huge compared to 3 weeks ago. It doesn't help that I had just gotten done eating when Cody took the picture! Oh well! I'm way excited for the babies. I just wish we were closer!

    ReplyDelete