Friday, July 30, 2010

A Few Good Things!

Some pretty good things have happened since last post! My sister Brieanna, received her mission call! She is going to Everett Washington! She is so excited. She has wanted to go on a mission since she was young. She doesn't turn 21 until October, so she doesn't leave until Nov 10th. I'll really miss her for the year and a half that she'll be gone. Her and I really are a lot like twins! She won't be around when I have the baby, but it's ok I forgive her!

Jordyn got the pins out of her arm last Friday. I'm so glad that's over!! She was very upset and we had to hold her down while the Dr took them out. It was nothing a little ice cream didn't help though. Now that they are out we have finally been able to go swimming. Cody, Jordyn and I went to the Hotchkiss pool on Monday. We had a lot of fun. 2 hours in the sun though was enough for me though! Jordyn starts swimming lessons in Delta on Monday. It's everyday for 2 weeks. She is just glad that she can finally go (actually I am too)!


One of the best bits of new news is I was finally able to get Jordyn enrolled in the Preschool that they have through the School District. I have been calling for weeks to get ahold of someone that could point me in the right direction. On Tuesday I took a chance and stopped by the Elementary school (where it's located) to see if anybody was there. Luckily someone was walking out just as I got to the doors and told me that the Preschool administrator was at her desk! After talking to her I found out that usually every spot is full by the end of May, but that they had 2 kids leave this year! She will be in the afternoon session which is Mon-Thurs 12:00-3:00. Since it's in the Elementary school it will be an easier transition to Kindergarten next year. She'll be able to meet new kids and also get away from me for a few hours a day!! We are super excited she was able to get in!

I am now 23 weeks pregnant! Time is passing pretty quick. We went for our follow up Ultrasound yesterday. There were a few measurements that they couldn't get before. The tech was able to get a couple of them and confirm several times that SHE is still a SHE!! Yay! There is still 1 more thing that they haven't been able to see both times that they still want to see. This last time she was facing my back and wouldn't budge! Also, both times my amniotic fluid has been low. I talked to the nurse today. She said it's a "low normal" so nothing to be concerned about, and we get to have another Ultrasound at a different location that has a higher resolution machine on August 9th! All fun stuff! I still feel great and she is still moving around a lot! She weighs a little over a pound now and her growth is right on!! We still haven't decided on a name, but the list is growing! I'll see the Dr on Monday, but so far everything looks fantastic. Here we are at 23 1/2 weeks!



I'll definitaly post after our next ultrasound! So, until then...adios!!





3 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys have been very busy! Are you still in normal clothes?? If you guys had decided to wait to tell Jo until you were showing she wouldn't have found out until you were ready to pop lol :o)

    My fluid looked low but measured ok but they have me drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day to keep it up. So maybe if you drink a lot of between now and your next US it will go up??

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am still in normal clothes! I have a few poofy shirts for days that I feel blah, but no maternity yet. (yay!) Yes, it's a good thing we've already told Jo! My fluid measured low even after I've drank 40 oz mugs of water one right after another all day from the time I get up to the time I go to bed. I now hate water! She's not too concerned about it though, just keeping an eye on it for now.

    Love you guys too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good it's not a concerning the Dr's.

    Wow, I had to get maternity clothes in my 1st trimester! It seems like people carry girls a lot diff than boys though, or something... haha. Hope you guys are having a great time with your family on the 4 wheeling trip.

    ReplyDelete