Sunday, April 3, 2011

Just Dance!!

 Today was Jordyn's final dance recital for Beginning Jazz!  She was so dang cute!  When we first got there and she saw the stage she was so so so nervous.  She kept saying that she was cold (it was so hot in there) and when I asked her to smile I got a very nervous smile.  I asked her if she was scared and she said "It really is a BIG stage!"  I told her she would do great and that I was very excited to see her do her dance!  After we found her other friends she seemed to relax a little bit.  I left her in the hands of her instructor and went to find Cody so that I could get ready to film it.
 The girls were all set up behind the curtain, so when it was opened up you see all these little girls in their cute costumes. The whole audience just "Ahhhed"!  Jordyn did really well!  The name of the song was "Just Dance". You could tell that she was nervous. She didn't smile her big flashy smile, but she seemed to remember the steps for the most part! Afterward, she said she had a good time, but she couldn't see what video camera was mine! She's so silly :-)
I was super proud of her for quickly getting over the nervousness that I know comes with performing for the first time on a big stage in front of a packed house.  I am so proud of her for taking a dance class and having a good time with it.  I'm just so proud that she feels good about herself and is willing to participate in activities that may follow her throughout school. I asked her if she wanted to do dance again in the fall when Ms Linda starts up again.  She was definitely excited about that and said that she can't wait!

Jordyn, you did a very, very good job with your performance!  We love you and are so proud of you. We can't wait until the next performance (including the one's just in the living room)!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so cool there are so many things for the girls to participate in! Jordyn is such a social, outgoing, talented girl! Way to go kiddo!

    ReplyDelete