Sunday, April 3, 2011

Rylin June Crofts Is Here!

This morning at 8:21 am, Ashley, Tanner and Rusti welcomed a new baby girl into their family! Her measurments are exactly what Aspyn's were when she was born. She weighs 6 lbs 3 oz and is 19" long! She looks beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!



Last night I couldn't sleep so I was lying in bed looking at some of my previous posts on my phone.  I came to the entry that I had written when Rusti was born and I just had this feeling that I would be gettting a phone call or a text very soon telling me that Ashley was going in to have the baby. It was about 30 minutes later at 1:09am that I received a text from Ashley.  All it said was "Baby Alert"!  I was so excited I could hardly text her back.  Finally I ended up just calling her!  She said that she had been at the hospital for about 2 hours. She was still at a 4, but contracting every 3-4 minutes.  She needed to have 4 hours of antibiotics before the baby was born, so they were going to get that going pretty quick.  I told her to keep me posted and told her that I loved her.  It was so hard not being there this time with her.  I was there to see Rusti being welcomed into the world and it was amazing! I didn't mind not seeing Rylin being born, but just not being able to be close this time really made me quite sad.

Somehow I fell asleep and woke up to a phone call from Ashley at 6:07am telling me that she was only at a 5 and that Dr Chamberlain was going to be there in a bit to break her water. She said she was feeling ok now that she had received her epidural!  It was a short conversation, but I'm glad she kept me in the loop.  My mom called me at 7:54 to  let me know that her and my dad were on their way to the hospital and that she was still at a 5.  At 8:30 she called me back and let me know that Rylin had arrived!!

Ashley had 4 Ultrasounds throughout her pregnancy and each time they weren't able to determine the sex of the baby, so Everyone was so anxious to know what she was having.  I just knew it was going to be a girl. I was so confident that it was a girl that I had boxed up the newborn & some of the 0-3 month clothes that Aspyn had already grown out of and taken up there for her in February! 

I am so excited that I now have another Niece to love! I'm so glad that she is here, she's healthy and she is going to bring so much love and joy into our family!  While it's girls=4, boys=0 my dad is so excited to have another little girl that he can spoil rotten!

Rylin June Crofts we can't wait to meet you and love you!  Welcome to our family!!

1 comment: