Tuesday, September 21, 2010

31 Week Ultrasound

Today I went up to Grand Junction to see Dr Gray, the Maternal & Fetal Medicine Dr, for our follow up Ultrasound. Everything looked pretty good. My fluid level was finally where it should be. Her heartbeat was really good. She was just measuring a little bit small. She's weighing about 3 lbs even. So she's smaller than other baby's at 31 weeks. Dr Gray isn't worried about it. He said she's not going to be a midget or a dwarf or anything she just may be smaller than Jordyn was at 7 lbs. He wants me come back to see him in 3 weeks to check her growth again. He said I shouldn't worry because she's not so small that he anticipates any problems. He said that basically everything is pretty normal and boring!  We like that!! Everything internally & externally looks great with her. She's definitely looking a bit more squished in there! It was great to see her again & watch her heart beat quickly! She is also head down, so that's a relief. If she wasn't head down by 34-36 weeks we were going to have to do an External Cephalic Version where they manually turn the baby to be head down. I really didn't want that so YAY for head down!!

I'll see Dr Garrard next Monday, but will definitely look forward to the next Ultrasound. I don't know if by Aspyn being smaller than we thought will change the due date & induction date. I'll update next week when I know the answer to that. Hopefully not!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment