Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Yummy Success!!


After many many months of us trying to grow some tomatoes & cilantro, we finally have a small crop! 


We first planted the tomato plants & cilantro seeds around the middle of June. We watered, we waited, we fertilized, we even tried talking nicely to them. Nothing! Toward the end of July we noticed a few tiny tomatoes starting to grow. Jordyn was so excited! Then they got a bit bigger, but didn't really start to turn red. Finally, now that the growing season is getting closer to being done we finally have tomatoes and more are continuing to grow!! They are so tasty and smell like only tomatoes from the vine can. The cilantro took a lot longer than the seed package said, but they too finally made it!  There really isn't anything better than a juicy tomato or the taste of fresh cilantro. Especially when you know that you were the one that grew it!!


Jordyn's first week of school went really well. Right now there are only 10 kids in her class and she is only 1 of 3 girls. She seems to have made pretty good friends with both the girls and a few of the boys.  She was pretty upset that she wasn't able to go to school on Friday (the class is M-TH) and was quite bummed the rest of the day. She really likes her teachers & is so glad to be able to walk down to the school everyday!

Brieanna has a big day coming up this Saturday the 18th. She is finally going through the temple as one of the preparations for her Mission.  She's very very excited. As it gets closer to her leaving, I start getting more emotional. Even though she's been in Cedar going to school & I've lived far enough away that I didn't see her a whole lot, I have always been able to get a hold of her when I've needed a little pick me up. If I've ever had a rough day & just needed a distraction she's always been one that I could text or email or call & just say "Hi"! It's going to be hard not being able to communicate with her as quickly as I'm used to while she's on her mission, but I am super excited for her to go.


Brieanna & I on a "sister date" about a year ago
We had our 30 week appointment yesterday. Nothing too exciting to report. I passed my Glucose test, we are still looking good weight, & measurement wise. Heartbeat is strong & healthy. We are just growing nicely! I had a bad thought about a week ago though. Brieanna's farewell is on Oct 31 in St. George. That week I'll be 36 weeks. I had the thought that maybe my Dr wouldn't want me to drive 8 hours to St. George & 8 hours back being that far along & being only 3 weeks away from the induction. I asked her thoughts about it yesterday. She has no problem with me going!!!  Of course, if I go into the Dr that week before I go &  "things are progressing" then we'll have to rethink that. I am now excited to go to Utah again!!
30 weeks & growing
  I'll go to Grand Junction next Tuesday to see Dr Gray for what I hope is the last Ultrasound! We are just checking fluid & measuring her growth. It should be pretty fun to see how much she's grown since the last Ultrasound. Obviously she is growing just by looking at me, but getting the actual measurements is quite reassuring!

Until next week.....ciao!!


No comments:

Post a Comment