Tuesday, September 28, 2010

32 Weeks

Yesterday was my first Non Stress Test (NST) at Delta Hospital. It went really really well. I was hooked up for about 35-40 minutes. In that time the baby's heart did exactly what it was supposed to. When she moved in accelerated, but then went down to a good resting point. I get to have these done twice a week until I deliver. It's not that the Dr's anticipate that any thing will go or be wrong, this is just a pretty non-invasive way to keep track of her growth. It was kind of relaxing laying there and just listening to her heart beating!  After that appointment I went into see Dr Garrard for our 32 week appointment. I've gained 2 lbs so that's good. It means Aspyn is growing! I asked her if her low weight meant that we would be pushing back the due date & induction date.  She said No. In fact if, after I go to the next Ultrasound with Dr Gray & she's still measuring small, we may induce sooner than 39 weeks. It may mean she would do better on the outside. Dr Garrard did say that she wouldn't let me go over though! So that's nice knowing that no matter what we'll have this little girl before Thanksgiving!!  I told her about the constant headaches I've been having for about a week. My blood pressure has been fine & I'm not having any symptoms of preeclampsia, but she wanted me to have some blood work done, just to make sure that it's not going to be an issue. Other than the headaches I've felt fine. Just anxious I guess. I won't see either Dr for another 2 weeks, unless something comes up with the NST's.  I can't wait for the next Ultrasound! It will be a very informative scan.

I really think that a lot of the issues I've had this pregnancy are stress related. It seemed like the issues started in August and the stress started late July. It's amazing the affects that stress can have on the body. I've tried to minimize the stress, but it's been impossible. I think now everything should be settling down, I hope!

I'm getting really excited for this weekend! My mom, all of my sisters, Rusti & Grandma Ann are coming over! They will be here Thursday-Sunday. Not a long trip, but so nice! I'm so glad that they are willing to make the trip over, when we aren't able to get over to see them. We feel very loved! I'm sure we won't do a whole lot, but the visiting will be nice!  Ashley hasn't ever been here, so I'm excited to show her our little town and our abode! Jordyn is way excited for her Aunts to come over to play baseball with her! I think she gets a little tired of seeing us all the time!

The next month and a half are going to fly by! I guess I'll just take it day by day!

No comments:

Post a Comment